Indeed a good and balanced menu can be the soul of tailgating. Using the best grills for tailgating you can cook up a delicious menu consisting of grilled snacks, meat, and sides.
Tailgating Recipe Round-Up
Grilled Snacks: For grilled snacks and meat, you can surely make a delicious grilled chicken sandwich with a Caesar dressing.
Grilled Chicken Sandwich With Caesar Dressing
- Dijon mustard 1 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp.
- Finely grated garlic cloves
- Fresh lemon juice 2 tbsp. plus 2 tbsp.
- Grounded black pepper 2 tbsp. You might need to add some more
- Extra virgin olive oil measuring 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp. plus you may need some more for the grill
- About 9 chopped cornichons measuring ¼ cup
- Kosher salt
- Split pieces of brioche buns according to the number of people you will feed
- A medium piece of fennel bulb has been crosswise sliced into very thin pieces; fronds reserved
- Basil leaves 1 cup
- Little Gem lettuce 1 small head
- 1 tomato of medium-sized sliced into ¼ inches thick
- Chicken thighs according to your requirement
In a medium-sized bowl whisk Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice of 2tbps., and black pepper. Keep it whisking and add 1/3 cup of oil to it until it emulsifies. Then, transfer half of this marinade to a small bowl, add cornichons and mayonnaise, and keep whisking into a sauce. Season it with salt and mayo dressing and keep it aside.
In a medium bowl put the remaining marinade and dip the chicken thigh into it after seasoning them with salt. Leave it at room temperature for thirty minutes but keep tossing occasionally.
Turn the grill to medium-high heat and grate it lightly with oil. Grill the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes while turning the sides until it is charred and well-cooked. Keep it to rest for 5 minutes on a platter. Use 1 ½ thighs in each sandwich.
Cutting the buns sideways grill them for 30 seconds until a little charred. Put them on the platter of chicken.
Chop the fronds of the fennel coarsely. Toss the fronds in a medium bowl with basil, sliced fennel, and flakes of red pepper with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and oil. Season with black pepper and salt.
Put mayonnaise on sliced buns Add 1 to 2 sliced tomatoes and lettuce. Put chicken and fennel salad and close the bun.
Meats And Sides: In addition to this, there are various meat dishes such as Grilled Pork Skewers, Beef Bison Sliders, Grilled Bacon Wrapped Beans and various other steak dishes too. For sides, you can add Grilled Eggplant, Pesto Pasta Salad, Smoked beans, Honey Glazed Grilled Peaches, Stuffed Baked Potatoes, and many more dishes. These very delicious dishes and are going to make the tailgating menu a huge success.
Hey there! I’m Gwendolyn Caulder, and I’m thrilled to have you on my website, TheGrowingFoodie.com. Let’s embark on a mouthwatering journey filled with recipes, restaurant reviews, and culinary adventures.